The Holidays are fast approaching. People are making out their Christmas lists and looking for that perfect Christmas Gift for those on their list. For some people, their pets are also on their lists to buy for. But what about the pets in shelters?
Suburban Animal Clinic is collecting donated items for Capital Area Humane Society. From December 1-20, you may drop off your donation at Suburban and we will see that it gets to the humane society. Capital Area's Wish List includes the following:
- Canned & Dry Kitten, Cat, Puppy and Dog food (preferably Science Diet)
- Science Diet Pet Treats
- Pet Toys such as KONG dog toys (size large & up) & Busy Buddy-Kibble Nibble
- Cat Litter-Non-clumping, clay, unscented
- New or gently used Blankets (no knit, fringe or quilted please)
- EZ Walk Harnesses
- Small flat 'sheepskin' polyester cat beds with Nylon (not mesh) backing
- Paper Towels and Ball Point Pens
Suburban Animal Clinic will match any donated item purchased at our clinic! This is an excellant way to help the pets who are stuck in the shelters over the holidays. PLEASE NOTE: Any monetary donations should be made directly to Capital Area Humane Society-we are not accepting monetary gifts.
Capital Area Humane Society Facts:
- CAHS uses more than 1000 pounds of cat litter every week (Can you imagine how much pet food they use a week?!)
- CAHS is the only agency in Central Ohio that responds to cruelty investigations
- CAHS relies heavily on donations and volunteers
- CAHS also cares for and adopts out ferrets, guinea pigs, rabbits, and other small pocket pets.
Below is a list of local pet shelters/organizations. They are always grateful for donated items such as food, litter, cleaning supplies and more. Please feel free to contact them if you'd like to make a donation.
Capital Area Humane Society: 614-777-7387 www.cahs-pets.org
Franklin County Dog Shelter: 614-525-4361 www.franklincountydogs.com
Pets Without Parents: 614-267-7297 www.petswithoutparents.net
Cat Welfare: 614-268-6096 www.catwelfareohio.com
Cozy Cat Cottage: 614-336-8510 www.cozycatcottage.org
Please remember the homeless pets during this holiday season. Every donated item or dollar really does make a difference!